100 Tonne Carbon Offset
These carbon credits are issued by the Clean Development Mechanism Project administered by the United Nations Secretariat.
They finance verified projects that reduce and eliminate carbon and are subject to a rigorous registration and verification process.
CDM Projects earn Certified Emission Reduction (CER) units each equivalent to one tonne of CO2e.
Each CER has a unique serial number and is recorded on the CDM Registry of the United Nations Secretariat.
Projects can include wind, solar, hydro, forestry, vegetation, biomass waste recovery, chemical and fugitive emission reduction. They aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions whilst supporting sustainable development in developing countries.
- Upon purchase, you will be issued with a certificate from the UN CDM Registry with the serial numbers of your CERs which you can verify on their website.
- Your CERs are recorded as having being used to offset your emissions. This is called being ‘voluntarily cancelled’ and they are taken out of circulation and cannot be used again.
The Climate Change Institute is a name you can trust with an independent verification process directed by the UNFCCC. We also provide an emission reduction program and GHG accounting tutorials. The Institute believes that climate friendly companies should be recognised by consumers. When you buy offsets we grant you the right to use our logo on your website, packaging or where anyone comes into contact with your brand and we will promote you through our social media network of over 750,000 followers.
GHG emissions such as nitrous oxide (N2O) are an undesired by-product of the industrial production process and are normally released to the atmosphere.
To avoid this, plants can be fitted with a tertiary N2O abatement units which reduces the vast majority of N2O at the source, before it would be released to the atmosphere.
Reducing the amount of these type of greenhouse gas emissions helps the preservation of the ozone layer and stimulates climate skills technology.
These type of projects make a significant contribution to climate action globally by reducing air pollutants such as nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide and boosts green technology.
CDM projects adhere to strict technological standards and are rigorously scrutinized through an international monitoring, reporting and verification process.
- The project activity helps in the global fight against climate by reducing GHG emission through abatement of N2O from nitric acid
- It will generate employment during construction and commissioning of the technology measure
- It will provide the necessary impetus to other similar industries to come up with such project activities
- Climate crisis and migration: Greta Thunberg supports IOM over ‘life and death’ issueon January 27, 2023 at 12:00 pm
The head of the UN migration agency IOM, and leading climate justice activist, Greta Thunberg, called on Friday for immediate action to help tackle the impacts of climate change on those forced to flee their homes, or leaving in search of a better life.
- ‘Let’s all become the champions the ocean needs’ – UN chief Guterreson January 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm
On the last day of his visit to Cabo Verde, UN Secretary-General António Guterres addressed the Ocean Race Summit Mindelo, saying that “ending the ocean emergency is a race we must win.”
The Climate Change Institute is a member of the Carbon Trade Exchange which offers a high level of security, backed by the Westpac Banking Corporation which guarantees transactions and provides rigorous measures to protect our customers.