100 Tonne Carbon Offset
These carbon credits are issued by the Clean Development Mechanism Project administered by the United Nations Secretariat.
They finance verified projects that reduce and eliminate carbon and are subject to a rigorous registration and verification process.
CDM Projects earn Certified Emission Reduction (CER) units each equivalent to one tonne of CO2e.
Each CER has a unique serial number and is recorded on the CDM Registry of the United Nations Secretariat.
Projects can include wind, solar, hydro, forestry, vegetation, biomass waste recovery, chemical and fugitive emission reduction. They aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions whilst supporting sustainable development in developing countries.
- Upon purchase, you will be issued with a certificate from the UN CDM Registry with the serial numbers of your CERs which you can verify on their website.
- Your CERs are recorded as having being used to offset your emissions. This is called being ‘voluntarily cancelled’ and they are taken out of circulation and cannot be used again.
With over 750,000 followers, the Climate Change Institute is a name you can trust with an independent verification process directed by the UNFCCC. We support climate friendly companies that buy offsets by offering free editorials through our social media network. The Institute offers free resources including an emission reduction program and GHG accounting tutorial.
When organic waste starts to decompose it releases methane, a potent greenhouse gas. In the past, there has been a lack of measures to control greenhouse gas emissions from being released into the atmosphere from landfills in developing countries.
Waste Projects have the potential to keep millions of tonnes of CO2 out of the atmosphere each year. They aim to address the environmental impact of landfills by managing waste and remaining organic matter.
By preventing methane emissions from being freely released, the project is helping to combat climate change. They can also reduce the amount of waste going into landfill through a stringent recycling, which prevents soil contamination.
These type of projects reduce the amount of greenhouse gases going into the atmosphere, improves the local environment and can boost local small economies by creating local employment that stimulates recycling skills in developing countries.
CDM projects adhere to strict technological standards and are rigorously scrutinized through an international monitoring, reporting and verification process.
- This Gas-to-Energy project is located in the metropolitan region of São Paulo in Brazil.
- It makes use of the landfill gas to explore the energy potential and thereby minimize environmental problems related to global warming.
- It will effectively prevent the release of greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere.
- It generates work opportunities to construction, operations and maintenance.
- Climate crisis and migration: Greta Thunberg supports IOM over ‘life and death’ issueon January 27, 2023 at 12:00 pm
The head of the UN migration agency IOM, and leading climate justice activist, Greta Thunberg, called on Friday for immediate action to help tackle the impacts of climate change on those forced to flee their homes, or leaving in search of a better life.
- ‘Let’s all become the champions the ocean needs’ – UN chief Guterreson January 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm
On the last day of his visit to Cabo Verde, UN Secretary-General António Guterres addressed the Ocean Race Summit Mindelo, saying that “ending the ocean emergency is a race we must win.”
- In drought-stricken Cabo Verde, UN chief finds hope for creating sustainable oasison January 22, 2023 at 12:00 pm
The Secretary-General spent Sunday travelling through the diverse and varied landscapes of Santo Antão, where, after five years of intense drought, several development projects supported by the United Nations are helping to transform the agricultural sector of this westernmost island of Cabo Verde.
The Climate Change Institute is a member of the Carbon Trade Exchange which offers a high level of security, backed by the Westpac Banking Corporation which guarantees transactions and provides rigorous measures to protect our customers.