100 Tonne Carbon Offset
These carbon credits are issued by the Clean Development Mechanism Project administered by the United Nations Secretariat.
They finance verified projects that reduce and eliminate carbon and are subject to a rigorous registration and verification process.
CDM Projects earn Certified Emission Reduction (CER) units each equivalent to one tonne of CO2e.
Each CER has a unique serial number and is recorded on the CDM Registry of the United Nations Secretariat.
Projects can include wind, solar, hydro, forestry, vegetation, biomass waste recovery, chemical and fugitive emission reduction. They aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions whilst supporting sustainable development in developing countries.
- Upon purchase, you will be issued with a certificate from the UN CDM Registry with the serial numbers of your CERs which you can verify on their website.
- Your CERs are recorded as having being used to offset your emissions. This is called being ‘voluntarily cancelled’ and they are taken out of circulation and cannot be used again.
The Climate Change Institute is a name you can trust with an independent verification process directed by the UNFCCC. We also provide an emission reduction program and GHG accounting tutorials. The Institute believes that climate friendly companies should be recognised by consumers. When you buy offsets we grant you the right to use our logo on your website, packaging or where anyone comes into contact with your brand. We are also happy to provide free editorials through our social media network of over 750,000 followers.
Geothermal power plants generate electricity from a source of geothermal steam. There is huge potential for geothermal energy production to lower worldwide greenhouse gas emissions and there are a large amount of geothermal reserves located around the world. However, only a small percentage have been developed.
Geothermal Energy projects involve setting up a geothermal power plant which is is costly and risky. Geothermal exploration can often takes place in areas that are difficult to access that have the capacity to effectively power turbines to produce electricity.
By replacing electricity generated by fossil fuels with renewable energy these projects reduce emissions that would have occurred from fossil fuel power plants, and help to drive a low carbon future, as well as boosting local economic development.
Projects such as these help to meet the growing energy demands of developing counties with clean electricity. The also can improve employment opportunities during both the construction and operational phases, and pave the way for similar projects in the region.
CDM projects adhere to strict technological standards and are rigorously scrutinized through an international monitoring, reporting and verification process.
- LaGeo, S.A. de C.V., Berlin Geothermal Project, Phase Two is a 44 MW geothermal power unit that uses a condensation unit to produce electricity. The primary objective of the project activity is to supply El Salvador’s rising demand for energy, by increasing renewable energy’s share.
- LaGeo, S.A. de C.V., Berlin Geothermal Project, Phase Two is a 44 MW geothermal power unit that uses a condensation unit to produce electricity to be supplied to the national interconnected grid at Berlin Geothermal Plant.
- The primary objective of the Project Activity is to supply El Salvador’s rising demand for energy due to economic growth and to improve the supply of electricity, by increasing renewable energy’s share of total the Salvadoran electricity consumption.
- One fundamental goal of the project is the efficient use of resources, particularly indigenous resources, while minimizing impact on the environment.
- LaGeo, S.A. de CV is committed to contribute to sustainable development and to pursue the harmonious relations among the company, surrounding communities and environment.
- To safeguard the wildlife in the areas close to the power plant, LaGeo established a wildlife protection park, named Georesguardo, as an alternative to shelter the animal species that seizes in bad captivity conditions and illegal ownership.
- The activities of the Georesguardo are aimed to make people aware of the importance of the sustainable management of natural resources and to promote the local development through the environmental education and recreation of the communities.
- Many animals have found a home in the wildlife protection park, where they are fed, receive veterinarian attention and then liberated if they are able to survive in natural conditions.
- Young people from the surrounding communities work in the park as rangers. They have had the opportunity to be trained in environmental conservation, animal health care, forest protection and English skills. Six ranger works actually and three of them are women.
- With the purpose of creating development opportunities that improve the quality of life of its neighbours, La Geo has supported different community projects through its Corporate Responsibility Program. The iniciative covers the environmental, social and economic dimensions of sustainable development. As a result, 24 communities of Alegría, Berlín and Mercedes Umaña municipalities have been benefited.
- Climate crisis and migration: Greta Thunberg supports IOM over ‘life and death’ issueon January 27, 2023 at 12:00 pm
The head of the UN migration agency IOM, and leading climate justice activist, Greta Thunberg, called on Friday for immediate action to help tackle the impacts of climate change on those forced to flee their homes, or leaving in search of a better life.
- ‘Let’s all become the champions the ocean needs’ – UN chief Guterreson January 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm
On the last day of his visit to Cabo Verde, UN Secretary-General António Guterres addressed the Ocean Race Summit Mindelo, saying that “ending the ocean emergency is a race we must win.”
The Climate Change Institute is a member of the Carbon Trade Exchange which offers a high level of security, backed by the Westpac Banking Corporation which guarantees transactions and provides rigorous measures to protect our customers.