With over 750,000 followers, we are a popular resource to assist companies and individuals to measure, reduce and offset their emissions.
The Institute offers wholesale prices for carbon credit offsets direct from the trading floor of the global carbon exchange and are able to negotiate bulk discounts to pass on to our 750,000 followers.
Resources for Businesses
The Institute provides free tutorials and templates to assist small and medium sized companies to measure their carbon footprint and reduce their emissions.
Emission Reduction Program
There is a free emission reduction program template for businesses, and guidance for individuals, to reduce their emissions.
GHG Accounting Tutorial
The GHG Accounting Tutorial assists in conducting a thorough GHG emissions survey using recognised standards and ensuring the correct procedures and documentation are in place.
What are carbon credits?
Established under the Kyoto Protocol, carbon offset credits finance verified projects that remove carbon from the atmosphere.
It was recognised that it’s impossible to eliminate emissions entirely, but the amount left over can be offset by purchasing carbon credits.
Carbon offsets enable companies – and individuals – to meet their targeted emission levels.
Verified carbon removal projects
Verified projects reduce and remove carbon from the atmosphere that could otherwise stay there for thousands of years.
Verified Projects slow down the rate of global warming and buy us time to make the transition to low carbon economies.
They have a rigorous verification and registration process administered by the United Nations Clean Development Mechanism UNCDM Secretariat.
Carbon Neutral Now
It only takes a few minutes for people to check your carbon footprint with the Institute or we provide spreadsheets and tutorials based on EPA emission data if you want a more detailed analysis. After calculating your carbon footprint, you see how many tonnes need offsetting to become carbon neutral.
14,000 climate scientists have issued a warning that we may soon hit the point of no return where climate change becomes irreversible no matter what actions we take.
We cannot stop climate change if we just rely on government regulation. Consumers and investors must also support climate the genuine climate friendly companies
If we do not support companies that have invested in reducing and offsetting their emissions, then eventually their higher emitting competitors may put them out of business
Which are the climate friendly companies?
Climate friendly companies are those that are meeting their sustainability goals.
Consumers increasingly want information on companies and products that are genuinely climate friendly.
This service provided by the Institute to gives people information on companies that are meeting their sustainability goals.
The Institute believes that we will never stop climate change if we purely rely on government regulation.
Consumers and investors must support climate friendly companies otherwise many will not be able to compete against their higher emitting competitors.
Climate Change Institute Social Media News Network
More than 750,00 followers over multiple sites broadcasting climate change news and information to assist people and companies to become carbon neutral.
Climate Change Research
- Things we lost in the wildfires: images of the devastating personal cost of a warming worldby Gabrielle Schwarz on December 3, 2022 at 1:00 pm
A camera, a lamp, a child’s tricycle … Photographer Gideon Mendel’s latest project highlights the everyday impact of the climate crisis“I was looking for a way to respond to the climate […]
- UN official ‘alarmed’ by jailing of climate activist who blocked traffic on Sydney Harbour Bridgeby Guardian staff on December 3, 2022 at 4:26 am
Human rights groups around the world express outrage over ‘disproportionate’ punishment of Deanna ‘Violet’ CocoGet our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcastA […]
- Queensland’s Indigenous women rangers given Earthshot prize for protecting Great Barrier Reefby Donna Lu on December 3, 2022 at 3:34 am
The group was awarded $1.8m and praised as an ‘inspiring women led program’ using First Nations knowledge to protect land and seaFollow our Australia news live blog for the latest updatesGet our […]
- Earthshot fund gives £1m to UK scientists fighting climate crisisby Helena Horton Environment reporter on December 2, 2022 at 11:30 pm
Scientists who have replaced plastic packaging with seaweed among those to be given prize by Prince of WalesScientists who have replaced plastic packaging with seaweed are among those who have been […]
- The week around the world in 20 picturesby Jim Powell on December 2, 2022 at 4:41 pm
The evacuation of Kherson continues, protests against Covid restrictions in China, the Mauna Loa volcano erupts on Hawaii, and an art installation at Bondi beach – the most striking images this […]
Climate Change Solutions
- How can farmers contribute to saving the earth?by John Tarantino on December 2, 2022 at 1:14 pm
Farming and agriculture are essential for life to survive on earth. Farmers contribute the most to humanity. They work day and night to produce crops that are later sent to markets for us to consume. […]
- Protecting Our Planet Starts with You: 7 Daily Basics For Green Lifeby John Tarantino on November 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
Now that 2022 is coming to a close, there has never been a better time to start living more eco-friendly. Every day you hear the horrifying facts about how climate change and waste is affecting our […]
- The Top Energy-Saving Companies in Europe: Compare Pricesby John Tarantino on November 17, 2022 at 3:35 am
If you have paid attention to the price of energy recently, you have likely seen that it has gone up drastically during the past few years. As a result, there are a lot of people who are concerned […]
- How using space tech helps humanity move toward a sustainable future todayby John Tarantino on November 8, 2022 at 2:14 pm
On October 4, EOS Data Analytics, a global provider of AI-powered satellite imagery analytics, and Greenpeace Global Mapping Hub organized a webinar on applications of satellite remote sensing and […]
- Generator Repairs and Troubleshootingby John Tarantino on November 2, 2022 at 6:17 pm
Generators are essential for your business operations. They can help you keep your business running in the event that your area experiences an electrical outage, such as in the case of a heavy storm. […]
Climate Change News
- Layoffs in Big Tech Are an Opportunity to Tackle Climate Changeby Guest Blogger on December 2, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Anyone working in tech already has the skills to help solve our generation’s biggest challenge.
- Student Spotlight: Kate Morsink, Future Sustainability Consultantby Guest Blogger on December 2, 2022 at 1:00 pm
After she completes the Sustainability Management program in December, Kate will work for the Boston Consulting Group, helping businesses inject sustainability into their core strategy.
- Announcing a New Undergraduate Major: Climate System Scienceby Columbia Climate School on December 1, 2022 at 2:38 pm
Launched in partnership with the Columbia Climate School, the new major is aimed at students who want to understand the past, present, and future climate system, and learn strategies for solving the […]
- How the Climate Imaginations Network is Dreaming Up a Better Worldby Columbia Climate School on December 1, 2022 at 1:30 pm
A collective of researchers, artists, and storytellers is approaching the climate crisis with imagination and creativity. All are welcome.
- Reflections on Visits to Pakistanby Elza Bouhassira on November 30, 2022 at 1:30 pm
A conservation biologist writes about his trips to Pakistan over the last 30 years, reflecting on challenges, growth, and connections made over time.
- Lake Achit and the Khovd River Floodplainby NASA Earth Observatory on December 4, 2022 at 5:00 am
Water, frozen and flowing, shapes and colors this rural area of Western Mongolia.
- Breathing Life into the Oceanby NASA Earth Observatory on December 3, 2022 at 5:00 am
Almost all life in the ocean depends on tiny photosynthetic organisms known as phytoplankton.
- Fires in Northwest Argentinaby NASA Earth Observatory on December 1, 2022 at 10:21 pm
Forests are burning after being primed by warm temperatures and a lack of rain.
- Vibrant Aurora Over Hudson Bayby NASA Earth Observatory on December 1, 2022 at 5:00 am
The light show dipped south of the Arctic Circle, where it was especially bright over northeastern Canada.
- Mauna Loa Awakensby NASA Earth Observatory on November 29, 2022 at 10:41 pm
During the first eruption in nearly four decades, satellites observed the volcano’s nighttime glow and sulfur dioxide plume.
Contact the Climate Change Institute
Address: 33 Bethlehem St, Cringila NSW 2502 Australia. The Climate Change Institute is registered by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.